Monday, June 3, 2013

a dollar's worth: a math original

my life can now finally return to more or less normal, i have completed and submitted all my work for my montessori training! it sort of all came together at the last moment thank goodness. one of my math originals is about teaching the worth of a dollar. when i present this lesson again next year and i have more time to think about exactly what i want to say, i will definitely talk a lot more about money out there in the world, but for this year and this lesson, i stuck mostly with the mathematical thinking behind what makes up a dollar. this lesson is a great work to show in conjunction or directly following lessons in fractions, which was what was happening in my classroom. the best part was that the children made the connection on their own!















No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...